So far we have removed the old floor which was incredibly rotten. The plywood under the rubber in places would just crumble it was so bad. Therefore there was a lot of rust on the floor. We worked hard to remove as much rust as possible, we first scraped the rust with drywall knifes, then used a sander to get it even more. We used a dremel to remove some of the harder rust as well as the old sealant. Then we painted the floor with an industrial strength rust inhibitor paint.
Then we went through and covered the holes with mesh tape and sealed them with silicone. We also covered up all the seams around the walls and floors with the silicone. Now we are working on seal the floors even more using a rubber roofing paint. This will ensure that no water will ever get inside to the floors...hopefully! Also it is a heat barrier so it should also help with temperature control inside. Now it's time to get back to work!!! ;)