We wanted to utilize the lip that the seats sat on for somethings in the bus, so we left it there. We can use it as support for our bed, couch, dinette, etc.. The problem is when building the frame it's in the way, so we are having to remove sections which hasn't been the easiest thing in the world. However, once we cut out the sections the frame is working out nicely.
I bought a faucet off eBay that is brand new, never been installed, but for half price. Someone bought it and it didn't match their hardware so they were selling it. It's a brushed brass and I know what you are thinking..."On a stainless steel sink?". However, have faith, I think once we paint the cabinets and install matching hardware on them that it will come together.
We have used moisture barrier to cover up the windows that will be covered by the walls. We will also be insulating the walls soon. We have a great plan to cover these windows from the outside so that you will not see the black plastic.
Late last night we started doing some cabinet remodeling. On the end where it is just plain particle board, we plan to build a book shelf. We mounted a frame for the base of the cabinets and made sure it was level. It is great to see things coming together so well. However, I know the road is still long, we have a lot to do. I'm sure that figuring out the electrical and water will be a challenge, but we are ready to take it on soon.
“It was the possibility of darkness that made the day seem so bright.” ― Stephen King